Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day


It's 11:00 am on November 11th. The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. Today is Veteran's Day. Today I am grateful for my many friends and family members who have served in our armed forces defending our freedom here and abroad, in peacetime and at war. These are crazy times. It is increasingly difficult to tell the difference between peace and war, terrorists embedded in our own armed forces open fire on their fellow countrymen, and some among us seem bent on appologizing for the very strengths the make our country great. These are times when thanking a veteran is especially important.

I remember my Dad telling me back in 1976 that he hoped I would be lucky enough to avoid being drafted in the war Jimmy Carter was sure to start. Dad served in the Air Force and was in Viet Nam during the Tet Offensive of 1968. He knows of what he speaks. I was lucky Dad. Thank you and the many veterans I know for standing up to protect the freedom and liberty I enjoy every day. I am truly honored.

No comments: